M-11 Milwaukee River - Lime Kiln Park, Grafton to Garrison Glen, Mequon
Length: 2.5 miles - ~ 1 hr by canoe or kayak. View Google Map
- Excellent wildlife viewing.
- Very little development. Woods. Scenic Dells area immediately after launch.
- Follow the main flow of river in this multi-channeled area.
- This route mostly class 1 with occasional class 1.5 mild rapids. Scrape bottom in low water, ie. below 6.0*. Above 7.5* it is a fast run; only for experienced paddlers. Winds from N or NW favorable.
- Always consider your ability for the river conditions. Avoid fallen trees.
- Launch at Lime Kiln Park in Grafton. Parking 10 yds from river. Toilet available at entrance shelter at this park.
- Take-out at Garrison Glen at Pioneer Rd. Parking 20 yds from river. No toilet facilities.
- Adjacent Garrison Glen Park offers a grassy path through a beautiful wetland area.
- Shuttle via Pioneer Rd to Port Washington Rd (Hgy W) to Lakefield Rd (Hgy T) to Green Bay Rd. 5 miles.