Sunday, October 14 :Pre-dawn until ???
The Western Great Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory will host the FBMP Migrants Team for the 4th Annual Big Sit at the Forest Beach Migratory Preserve Hawk Watch Platform. We hope to beat our 3-year Big Sit average of 50 bird species. Everyone is invited to stop by for a visit during the day.
4970 Country Club Rd
Belgium, Wisconsin 53074
Call 262-268-3617 if questions.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Fee is only $15
- lunch & break food
- excellent speakers
- indoor program
- outdoor activities
- door prizes
Morning Session and Lunch:
Country Inn & Suites
350 E Seven Hills Road
Port Washington, Wisconsin
Afternoon Field Trips and Exhibits:
Forest Beach Migratory Preserve (Map)
(formerly Squires Country Club)
4970 Country Club Beach Road
Keynote Speaker: Bill Volkert, Naturalist and Wildlife Educator
Learn how to make a small investment
that will pay off BIG for migratory birds!
• What do birds need for food, shelter, roosting? Tips for rural property or city backyard
• Native trees—how to plant and care for them
• How to eliminate hazards to birds on your property
• Why is Lake Michigan important for migration?
• Migratory birds in fall, winter, spring — where do they go and what do they need?
• And much, much more!