A Word About Our Silent Auction and Raffle: OPPORTUNITY!
Our Auction Team works so hard and pulls such magic together because our auction is the single largest source of funding for our event, and we’ll do what it takes to get people to fall in love with Ozaukee’s environment! Our donors are an amazing part of the team. They support our efforts so generously and I think it is because they love our environment as much as we all do. Everyone understands that when the environment is loved and appreciated, it is cared for.
Those of you who have shopped our auction before, know that there are always wonderful bargains to be had. Some people come just to shop.
Our raffle is our unabashed bribery system to pull people into the wonderful natural sites that we have for this event. We know that what visitors really get from their visits is worth a whole lot more than any item might be, but it sure adds to the fun to win some really great prizes. Visitors earn one raffle ticket for each stamp they get on their passport - so be sure to take your passport along. Each site has a limited number of passports on hand just-in-case, but they could go fast.
Bikers! If you is willing to bike from site to site, you are going to earn double raffle tickets. You deserve it for all the extra energy you are spending to keep the air clean. This is how it works.
Ask for a bike stamp at Forest Beach - it is the only place you can get one. When you turn your passport in at the end of your adventuring, you will get double tickets for every site stamp you received. It doesn’t matter when you get the bike stamp - you only need it before you turn your passport in.
2013 Treasures of Oz Silent Auction
Procedures and Guidelines
- Silent auction items will be displayed at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Each item will have a separate bid sheet with a minimum bid noted. You bid on the item by printing your name, phone number and your bid amount on the bid sheet. Items will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Auction bids must be made in whole dollar amounts.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds. Payments must be made by cash, check or credit card before the bidder can receive the items.
- The winning bidder must present his receipt marked “paid in full” to claim the items from the auction area.
- Dollar values and item descriptions are not guaranteed by Treasures of Oz nor any of the partner organizations for tax or any other purposes. They are created in good faith from information given by the donor at the time of the donation. All items are sold in “as is” condition.
- By purchasing auction items, buyers waive any claims for liability against Treasures of Oz or any of its partner organizations, agents or staff. They shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or other liability claims which may result from the items sold.
- All bids include tax. Bidders will not be responsible for paying tax in addition to their bid. Treasures will pay all applicable auction item tax.
- Items must be taken at the end of the event unless prior arrangements have been made. We will offer a late pick-up at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve on Monday, June 17 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Items left after June 17, 2013, will be offered to the next highest bidder.