Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Waste & Materials Management
E-Cycle Wisconsin registered collection sites
Site Counties: Ozaukee
Materials Accepted: All
Use this tool to find recycling locations for every county in WI. Visit site (new window)
Best Buy Electronics Recycling Info
Best buy has a FREE recycling program for almost every type of electronics you can think of. This is a excellent way to ensure no toxic chemicals are leached into the ground when dumped in a landfill. They claim all is done in the US not shipped to developing countries to pollute their environments.
Here is some information from their website.
No matter where you bought it, we'll recycle it
We'll recycle just about any electronics, including TVs, DVD players, computer monitors, audio and video cables, cell phones, and more.
Program details for Wisconsin
What We Take
- Three items per household per day.
- Nearly everything electronic, including tube TVs and monitors up to 32", flat-panel TVs and monitors up to 60", peripherals, DVD players, home and car audio, cell phones, MP3 players, and cables.
- Desktop or laptop computers.
- Small electrics, fans and vacuums.
What We Don't Take
- Console TVs of any size, or tube TVs and monitors larger than 32". Use our haul-away or pickup programs for these items.
- Electronics containing refrigerants, such as mini refrigerators or air conditioners. Please contact your local waste disposal department.
- Appliances. Use our haul-away or pickup programs for refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washers and dryers, ranges and microwaves.
- Disassembled TVs and Monitors
In 2009 the state of Wisconsin passed an electronics recycling law which requires manufacturers of certain electronic devices to finance a system of collection and recycling opportunities for Wisconsin residents. For more information on recycling electronics in Wisconsin, please visit E-Cycle Wisconsin.
Watch this video on Best Buys recycling practices.